Terms and conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions for working with Patrice Shaw at PS Editing:
– Quotes are valid for 30 days following receipt of your manuscript/document.
– Quotes are based on reading a sample of your work and estimating the number of hours required to complete the work.
– Should the scope of work change during the editing/proofreading process, I reserve the right to update the original quote.
Invoicing and payment
– A 20% deposit of the expected total is to be paid at the commencement of work (excluding appraisals where the full amount is charged up front).
– Services will be charged at a set hourly rate and recorded so that you are only charged for hours worked.
– I will invoice you for each stage of the editing process where applicable e.g. Stage 1 (structural edit); stage 2 (copy edit) etc
– Invoice terms are 14 days.
– I reserve the right to refuse work if I consider the content to be obscene, defamatory, offensive or plagiarised. I am unable to work with material that includes extreme violence and/or cruelty to humans or animals.
– While I endeavour to provide a service that will make your MSS/documents as error-free as possible, I can not guarantee 100% accuracy.
– It is the author’s responsibility to implement changes and review final documents. I can only advise changes.
– I will keep all MSS, documents and correspondence between us confidential, unless we both agree otherwise.
Accepting terms and conditions
– By instructing me to commence work, either by email or other form of written communication, you are accepting these terms and conditions.